"I've experienced a hate incident"
If you or someone close to you has experienced a hate incident or crime, consider reaching out to Evolve. Evolve is a program that offers support to those affected by hate incidents and crimes. These supports include counselling, advice, advocacy, or connecting you to helpful resources. Our program is confidential, voluntary, and no-cost.
We are headquartered in Edmonton and provide services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. If you are outside of this region, please still contact us, as we can work remotely with individuals and families from across Canada or connect you with services in your area.
When should I reach out to evolve?
If you or someone close to you relates to ANY of the following statements, reach out and start a conversation today.
- I’ve experienced physical, verbal, emotional, and/or mental violence because of my race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, or source of income
- I want a safe and empathetic place to talk about my experience
- I want to explore or pursue formal reporting measures related to my experience
- I tried to get help in the past and felt the support I was offered was inadequate
- I’m unsure of my rights and what supports/resources are available
- I experienced bullying or hate at a school, mall, grocery store, workplace, on transit or in another public space
- I am unsure if what I experienced is hate related or “serious enough” and want to talk through this with someone
- I’m experiencing negative physical, emotional, financial, or psychological effects because of what I experienced
- I’m worried that a similar situation will occur again in the future
What happens when I contact you?
When you fill out our contact form, an Evolve team member will reach out within two to three business days. We will contact you by e-mail, text message, or phone call — it’s your choice based on what you select in the form.
During that initial reach-out, our team member will provide a safe space for you to share your story. If Evolve is the best program to support you, our team will outline a plan to address your concerns, which may include counselling, resources, advice, and advocacy. If Evolve is not the correct fit, our staff will discuss options and work to connect you with the right resources.
If you’d like to speak with one of our team members, reach out now. We respond to all messages within two to three business days.
To respect your privacy and ensure everyone’s safety, we will only respond to missed calls if a voice or text message is left. If you have an immediate safety concern, contact your local police.
Our team operates independent from government and law enforcement, and we work to assure your privacy. There are specific situations in which we may be compelled to share information with law enforcement or other agencies — read our confidentiality statement to learn more.