"I'm worried about someone"
If you’re concerned about the beliefs or actions of someone close to you, consider reaching out to Evolve. We listen to your concerns and aim to support you and your loved one. These supports include counselling, advice, advocacy, and connecting you to helpful resources. Our program is confidential, voluntary, and no-cost.
We are headquartered in Edmonton and provide services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. If you are outside of this region, please still contact us, as we can work remotely with individuals and families from across Canada or connect you with services in your area.
When should I reach out to Evolve?
If someone close to you relates to ANY of the following statements, reach out and start a conversation today.
Someone close to you:
- Feels isolated, alone, or disconnected from the people around them
- Wants to make a change in their life
- Has beliefs or behaviours that are negatively affecting their personal relationships, career, or quality of life
- Is being told that their beliefs or actions have caused harm to someone else
- Finds it difficult to speak to or spend time with those who disagree with their point of view
- Finds themself spending a lot of time connecting with groups that would be considered extreme or hateful
- Has mixed feelings about their belief system, including feelings of shame
- Has unwanted or intrusive thoughts that are disturbing to them
- Feels their beliefs, culture, and ideas are under attack
- Regularly consumes, creates, or shares materials, symbols, or ideas that single out certain groups of people
- Believes specific groups of people are responsible for their problems
- Surrounds themselves only with people who share their same specific views
- Believes violence might be the only way to bring about change in society
- Believes a collapse of society is imminent and desirable
- Has faced or is facing criminal charges
What happens when I contact you?
When you fill out our contact form, an Evolve team member will reach out within two to three business days. We will contact you by e-mail, text message, or phone call — it’s your choice based on what you select in the form.
During that initial reach-out, our team member will listen to your concerns, questions, and ideas, and see if Evolve is the right fit for you and the individual you’re worried about. If it is, we’ll chat more and start outlining a plan to support you. If Evolve is not the correct program, our staff will discuss options and try our best to connect you with the right resources.
If you’re looking to talk through your situation in a non-judgmental, safe environment, reach out now. We respond to all messages within two to three business days.
To respect your privacy and ensure everyone’s safety, we will only respond to missed calls if a voice or text message is left. If you have an immediate safety concern, contact your local police.
Our team operates independent from government and law enforcement, and we work to assure your privacy. There are specific situations in which we may be compelled to share information with law enforcement or other agencies — read our confidentiality statement to learn more.